Cabinet Refinishing by Revived Interiors
June 5, 2014
- Want a new look for your kitchen but can’t afford to replace it?
- Bathroom cabinets scratched, scuffed or just plain tired?
- Dark or dated kitchen that looks so last century?
Our professional kitchen cabinets refinishing and bathroom vanity refinishing can make your existing cabinets look like new, for a fraction of the cost of replacements. No need to buy new kitchen cabinet doors, rip out the old cabinets, or even unplumb the sink – our team work onsite in your existing kitchen or bathroom layout with minimal fuss and disruption.
Cabinet refinishing saves you time, money and stress, and gives you a high quality finish that will last for years. Call us for more details or to book your no-obligation site visit and quotation
that could save you hundreds of dollars on replacement cabinets.
Need one more reason to call us now on 250-590-7215
. All work performed by Revived Interiors comes with a 2 year written warranty on materials and workmanship.
Choose a new colour, or match your old colour!
- Love your kitchen cabinet colour but want it refreshed? No problem!
- Want a change of bathroom cabinet colour, even from dark to white? Easy!
At Revived Interiors, we refinish all cabinets with top quality Benjamin Moore ADVANCE® Waterborne Interior Alkyd Paint. You can choose any colour you want from the Benjamin Moore colour wheel, regardless of what the original cabinet door colour is. We can also match your existing kitchen or bathroom colour scheme if required.
Cabinet refinishing – how we do it
It takes us just two days to completely refinish your kitchen or bathroom cabinet boxes (that’s everything apart from the doors). So, you can be back in your kitchen within 36 hours, admiring your new-look cabinet boxes!
- Day 1: We carefully remove all your cabinet doors, which are taken to our refinishing workshop for spraying. We totally mask the surrounding areas of your kitchen, then scuff and prime all your cabinet boxes. We then brush and roll the first coat of gorgeous Benjamin Moore colour on the boxes.
- Day 2: We’ll be in bright and early to brush and roll a second coat of colour, and inspect the cabinets for that smooth quality finish we pride ourselves on. Only when we are 100% satisfied it’s up to our high standards do we unmask the area and clean up.
- Day 3 onwards: Back in our paintshop, your cabinet doors are degreased, sanded, primed and sprayed with two coats of pure colour before being allowed to dry naturally for the best finish.
What’s the difference between replacing, refacing and refinishing cabinets?
- 10-14 days later: Once your refinished cabinet doors are fully dry, we return to rehang them and reapply the door hardware, completing the new look of your kitchen.
When you want to renovate your kitchen or bathroom cabinets, you have three choices:
This process can be expensive, time-consuming and leave you without a working kitchen for days or weeks. Replacing kitchen cabinets involves employing someone to tear out all the original cabinet doors and boxes, and rebuild your kitchen with brand new cabinet doors and boxes. Great if you want to totally redesign your kitchen layout, costly if you only want new cabinets (and possibly a new kitchen countertop).
Refacing cabinets involves replacing all your existing cabinet door and drawer fronts, and veneering the exterior of the cabinet boxes. It’s halfway between replacing and refinishing in terms of hassle, and is usually more expensive than refinishing because you are buying new doors and front. Your kitchen or bathroom layout stays the same and the existing cabinet boxes remain in place.
Refinished cabinets are given a whole new lease of life by painting over your current kitchen cabinets, without the need for replacing doors or boxes. Refinishing bathroom vanity units or kitchen cabinets is a simple and inexpensive way to create a whole new look to transforms your kitchen or bathroom without a messy renovation project.
Complete Kitchen Renovations
If you want a new look for your kitchen cabinets, chances are, you’d also like a new shiny countertop, new tiles or even a better floor. Why not save time, money and hassle with our complete range of kitchen restoration services, including:
And we can do this work at the same time as we refinish your cabinets – how great is that!
For more information or to book your no-obligation site visit and quote, call Revived Interiors on 250-590-7215.